Got 20 minutes to recreate this Asian inspired beef and broccoli dish? 🥩 🥦 🥥
An easy weekday meal or even a meal prep idea 💡
Share with someone who needs some easy simple food ideas.
The recipe serves 2. Feel free to bulk up with riced cauliflower or plain old rice.
You can use my teriyaki sauce as a marinade if you have the time to prepare that ahead. But if not making, this quick recipe still only takes 20 minutes.
• 300 grams flank steak (sliced thinly as possible)
• 1 head of broccoli (separates in florets)
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 garlic cloves (grated)
• 1 inch piece of ginger (grated)
• 5 tbsp coconut aminos (or use gluten free soy sauce)
• 1/2 tbsp honey
• pinch of red chilli flakes
• 2 tbsp fresh lime or orange juice
Optional to serve alongside
Spring onion / green onion
How to make:
Make the sauce. Combine the coconut aminos, with the honey, lime juice, red chilli flakes, grated garlic and ginger.
1. Heat a pan on medium high heat. Add 1/2 the oil.
2. Add the steak in batches to avoid crowding. Cook 2 minutes per side. Remove to a bowl each batch.
3. Keep meat juices in pan. Next add the broccoli, with the other 1/2 of oil.
4. Follow by 3 tbsp of the sauce.
5. Cover with a lid and steam for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan once softened.
7. Add the remainder sauce and thicken for 2-3 mins.
8. Once reduced to a slight glaze. Add the meat and broccoli back to pan.
9. Garnish with the coriander, spring onion and season with celtic sea salt to taste.
This makes two meals and could even be used for a meal prep.
461 calories – each serving
You can serve and enjoy as is which I did earlier today or bulk up with rice or cauliflower whichever you prefer.
Enjoy ✌🏽 Ryan ❤️